Результаты поиска по запросу "equation of a line with undefined slope":
find the equation of the line passing through (-3,5) with an undefined slope (247535) | Wyzant Resources
- The only lines with undefined slope are vertical, that is whose equations are of the form x=constant.
- Lecture on Linear Functions PYP Time and Place 3of3 Algebra - Linear Equations, November 8th 2009 Slope of a line leads to equation of a line.
SOLUTION: Write the slope intercept form of the equation of the line through the given point with the given slope. through: (2,5), slope=undefined
- An undefined slope means the slope is too large to describe or m is infinity. Step 2. For (2,5), then x=2 and y=5. Step 3. ANSWER: The equation of the line is x=2 ( a vertical line).
m= undefined, crossing through (-3,5) (4773) | Wyzant Resources
- The equation of a line in slope-intercept form looks like the following: y = mx + b
- Whenever the slope (m) is undefined it means that when you try to calculate the slope given any 2 points on the line you'll end up with a zero in the denominator, which is undefined.
Math Forum - Ask Dr. Math | When is a Slope 0 or Undefined?
- How do I know when the slope of an equation is zero or undefined (no slope)?
- This is the only way to have a line with slope 0. If you graph this line, what do we get? Well, let's take a concrete example: y = 1.
View question - equation of a line | with an undefined slope is
- The undefined slope is m. m is the tangent of the angle of inclination.
- The equation of a line passing through the point (5,-3).
SOLUTION: find the equation of a line through (10, -8) with undefined slope. please help! i don't understand this problem at all.
- Click here to see ALL problems on Linear-equations.
- If it passes through a point with x-value equal to 10 it must pass through all points with x-value equal to 10.
How use the slope formula and find the slope of a line, whether the Slope is positive, negative or undefined.
- Algebra. Linear Equations.
- Whenever zero is the denominator of the fraction in this case of the fraction representing the slope of a line, the fraction is undefined.
How do you write an equation with and undefined slope
- What is a linear equation with a undefined slope?
- If the equation of a line has an undefined slope and passes through the point 1 3 which form would be used to write the equation of the line?
Write an equation of a line with an undefined slope and passing through the point (-2,4).
- As for the second one, if the slope is undefined it would be vertical and would look like this: x= some number. Would it be the same way, again, assuming I did the first one right? x= -2? EDIT: Write an equation of a line that passes through (9,-5) and (3,-5).
SOLUTION: Find the equation of each line in the form y mx b if possible. The line through (3, 2) with undefined slope
- All vertical lines also have the equation of x = a number.
- You can't really put this line in the y = mx + b format, because in that format, "m" is the slope and in this case, as you know, the slope is undefined.